Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sometimes I hate Travelling

Sometimes I hate travelling

I wrote this in my notebook last time we went to Perth (which we are about to repeat in the coming days, before flying out to Bali for a month) The actual time in Perth was fantastic, we caught up with friends and family and got to enjoy civilization for a little while. It was the trip home that nearly killed us... 

 I have a confession; sometimes I hate travelling. I hate the distance, I hate the car and I hate how we're all too tense and in a rush to enjoy the ride. Who ever said it's about the journey, not the destination clearly had not travelled with a screaming, overtired 6 month old. It. is. hell.

Currently we have been driving for 4 1/2 hours for a trip that is only meant to take 6 (and we're not even half way!)
It's dark; we're tired, hungry and beyond irritable. All I can say is, travelling produces wonderful experiences but boy can it be challenging! 

“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” 
Anthony Bourdain

I'm not sure Anthony Bourdain had a grumpy 6 month old in mind when he said this, but it couldn't be truer.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

52 Week Project (18) Australia (11) Bali (8) Birth (2) Borneo (1) Bus (6) Films (1) Food (1) Fremantle (1) Indonesia (1) Life (35) Lilly-Mary (37) Malaysia (1) Margaret River (1) Melaka (1) Penguin Island (1) Perth (3) Tips (9) Travel (25)